- Late Development, Compressed Development and Employment: A Japan-China Comparison
Prof Hugh Whittaker (University of Oxford)
- Concluding Financialisation
Eight years after the 2008 financial crises, the extent and influence of finance continues to grow. The conference presents the latest research on how that growth and influence have been expressed in the provision of every-day services, in the developing world and in the international financial system
- 'Sustainable Diets: a development challenge?'
Tim Lang, Centre for Food Policy, City University London
Seminar hosted by the SOAS Research Cluster on Food, Nutrition and Health in Development
- Does Abenomics Work?
Andrew Rozanov (Chatham House), Martin Malone (Alphabook/Mint Partners), Helen Macnaughtan (SOAS), Ulrich Volz (SOAS)
- "Mega-regionalism" and the Future of the Global Trading System
Michael G. Plummer (Director, SAIS Europe and Eni Professor of International Economics: The Johns Hopkins University)
- Japanese-style long-term recession - the future of the world?
Prof Richard Werner (University of Southampton)