Health and Safety
The Health & Safety Office
We can be contacted at email@example.com or, in the case of an emergency please contact the Estates Office on 0207 898 4900.
The role of the Health & Safety Office:
- to provide a safe working environment for all staff, students and visitors
- to comply with, and where possible exceed, the statutory requirements for Health & Safety.
To realise this role the Health and Safety Office:
- provides expert advise of safety matters to The School, its departments, staff and students
- develops policies on safety issues and prepares codes of practice and guidance where appropriate
- co-ordinates, implements and supports The School’s Health and Safety Policy across all sites
- monitors the safety performance of The School and its departments by investigating accidents and incidents
- liaises with statutory authorities
- liaises with Staff development to provide safety training and provide advice on specialist needs
- works closely with colleagues in other departments, particularly Human Resources and Staff Development.
Health & Safety Committee
The remit of the Health & Safety Committee is to propose and consider School policy on all matters relating to health and safety at work. For more information about the Committee please go to the School Governance section of the web site.