In the event of a fire, the alarm will ring continuously until the building has been vacated.
In Case of Fire:
- sound the alarm by breaking the nearest Break Glass point.
- notify Reception (ext.555) from the nearest telephone.
If the Alarm Sounds:
- close windows and doors in your area,
- turn off gas supplies and portable electric equipment,
- make sure that everyone in your area is aware of the alarm,
- leave the building by the NEAREST available exit - DO NOT go back for your coat or belongings,
- do not use lifts
- assemble at your designated assembly point and await instructions. DO NOT ASSEMBLE IMMEDIATELY IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING where you might obstruct the exit.
- 21/22 Russell Square - College Precinct
- 23/24 Russell Square - College Precinct
- Main Building - Malet Street
- Brunei Gallery - Malet Street
- Vernon Square - Vernon Square (outside Kings Cross Church)
- Wye Campus - Porter's Lodge
- Do NOT re-enter the building until instructed by the Fire Brigade or a responsible officer of the School
- You MUST obey the instructions of the Fire Wardens and Emergency Co-ordinator.
- REMEMBER: Always sound the alarm first.