These pages are designed for line managers and Heads of Department and provide advice on a range of topics including:
- General contractual issues such as employing temporary administrative workers, changing an employee's contractual details and dealing with resignations.
- General HR issues such as how to change your department's name on the telephone directory, annual leave for part-time staff, what to do when a member of your team advises you she is pregnant.
- Recruitment; how to write an advertisement, person specification or interview questions, shortlisting, interviewing, giving feedback and offers of employment
- How to manage handle flexible working requests from members of staff
- Managing poor performance or minor misconduct such as lateness
- Guidance on eligibility to work in the UK, Points Based Immigration, Certificates of sponsorship, visas and staff immigration issues
The HR Directorate are planning to make guidance on employing fractional teaching staff and information aimed at Academic Heads of Department and Associate Deans available on these pages shortly.
If there are any other topics you would like to see covered in these pages, please email Simon Gwynne email@example.com.