This section of the Human Resources Directorate website contains information for line managers and staff on recruitment and selection related matters.
Information for job applicants can be found on the Job pages of the Human Resources Directorate webpages.
- Recruitment Policy - The School's Recruitment Policy sets out key objectives and principles for recruitment and selection processes.
- Recruitment Procedure - The Recruitment Procedure underpins by the Policy by setting out the key stages and responsibilities for the operation of recruitment and selection processes.
- Guidelines - These Guidelines underpin the Policy and Procedure by explaining how to carryout key stages of the recruitment process in line with current legislation and best practice. These guidelines are designed to be a training aid in addition to the associated recruitment and selection courses offered as part of the Staff Development programme.
- Fixed-term Staff Policy - This Policy covers the principles governing the appointment of fixed-term staff at SOAS.
- Relocation Expenses Procedure - This procedure is aimed at new academic and support staff at Grade 8/Ac3 and above, who are required to relocate their permanent residence in order to take up their first UK-based appointment at SOAS.
- Job descriptions - Electronic copies of a blank template job description and person specification suitable for word processing can be downloaded from this page. Electronic copies of generic further particulars, job descriptions and person specifications for teaching and research roles are also available.
- Staffing costs: Authorisation levels - A table depicting the authorisation levels for staffing costs across the School.
Recruitment forms are available from the Recruitment forms page of the HR forms website.