International Foundation Courses and English Language Studies
IFCELS NEWS - as part of our celebrations to mark 30 years of Foundation Programmes at SOAS, there will be no application fee for students applying for ICC and FDPS 2015 before 30th April 2015.
Watch this space for news of scholarships.
We provide a range of university preparation and language improvement programmes for international students - Since 1985 over 3000 students have gone on to undergraduate and postgraduate courses at British universities.
- Undergraduate Foundation Programme (Intermediate Certificate Course in Comparative International Studies) - a ten-month programme of academic and language preparation for undergraduate university study in the UK in social sciences, humanities, business and law.
- Pre-master's Programme (Foundation Diploma for Postgraduate Studies) - a ten-month pre-master's programme of academic and language preparation for postgraduate study in the UK
- English Language and Academic Studies - A flexible programme of intensive academic English combined with an academic subject and a Language/Culture course for 3, 6 or 9 months.
- Pre-Sessional Courses - 4-week & 8-week language improvement courses for students going onto university courses in October each year
- Summer Courses - 3-week courses combining academic and English language study
- In-sessional Academic English and Study Skills courses to support international students with their studies at SOAS
- Teaching English for Academic Purposes - a course designed for teachers who teach/intend to teach English for Academic purposes to undergraduate or postgraduate students.
Details of international visits by IFCELS staff members
- 020 7898 4800