International Foundation Courses and English Language Studies
IFCELS NEWS - June 2013: Congratulations to Kevin Manton, IFCELS Subject Lecturer and English Teacher, on winning the SOAS Director's Teaching Prize 2013.
We provide a range of university preparation and language improvement programmes for international students - Since 1985 over 3000 students have gone on to undergraduate and postgraduate courses at British universities.
- Undergraduate Foundation Programme (Intermediate Certificate Course in Comparative International Studies) - a ten-month programme of academic and language preparation for undergraduate university study in the UK in social sciences, humanities, business and law.
- Pre-master's Programme (Foundation Diploma for Postgraduate Studies) - a ten-month pre-master's programme of academic and language preparation for postgraduate study in the UK
- English Language and Academic Studies - A flexible programme of intensive academic English combined with an academic subject and a Language/Culture course for 3, 6 or 9 months.
- Pre-Sessional Courses - 4-week & 8-week language improvement courses for students going onto university courses in October each year
- Summer Courses - 3-week courses combining academic and English language study
- In-sessional Academic English and Study Skills courses to support international students with their studies at SOAS
- Teaching English for Academic Purposes - a course designed for teachers who teach/intend to teach English for Academic purposes to undergraduate or postgraduate students.
Details of international visits by IFCELS staff members
- 020 7898 4800
- 020 7898 4809