FDPS Scholarships 2016
FDPS is one of the longest running and most comprehensive Pre-master’s programmes in the UK and provides a complete package of preparation for postgraduate study including academic subjects, a research project and research methods classes, as well as academic English and study skills.
In 2016-7 we will be awarding six scholarships to students joining FDPS in September 2016. We will double the value of the scholarship to £2000 if you go on to a degree at SOAS starting in September 2017. FDPS students are guaranteed offers on the majority of popular degree programmes at SOAS. See SOAS PG Guaranteed Conditional Offers (pdf; 386kb) for a full list
To be eligible for a scholarship, you need to accept the offer of a place before 31 May 2016 so please apply early. You can find the application form on the FDPS programme page.
Please read the Terms and Conditions below carefully.
Terms and Conditions
- All students who apply for FDPS 2016-17 and accept an offer of a place before midnight (UK time) on 31 May 2016 (including the payment of a 10% deposit) will automatically be considered for a scholarship, except students who already hold an offer of a place at SOAS with no academic conditions at the time they apply for FDPS.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and will be judged on the basis of the student’s university transcript and academic reference, English level, IFCELS entrance test (if taken) and interview performance. Scholarships will be awarded to students who are interested in postgraduate study at SOAS and who demonstrate the potential to achieve the entry requirements and to study successfully at postgraduate level.
- Successful candidates will be informed by the end of June 2016. The decision of the Head of IFCELS Department on the awards will be final.
- £1000 will be deducted from the balance of the fees owed by each of the scholarship winners which should be paid by the first day of the programme – 21 September 2015. Please note that, in order to apply for a visa to study on FDPS, students will need to meet the English language requirements for study at premasters level.
- A further £1000 will be deducted from the scholarship winners’ postgraduate fees if they register for their postgraduate programme at SOAS in September 2017. This will be in addition to the 5% fee discount offered to all FDPS students progressing to SOAS.