Chinese students at SOAS
Disclosure date: 5 January 2012
1) The number of Chinese students studying as undergraduates at SOAS.
2) The number of Chinese students studying as postgraduates at SOAS.
3) The number of Chinese students studying a degree (undergraduate) under the Faculty of Law and Social Sciences.
4) The number of Chinese students studying a degree (postgraduate) under the Faculty of Law and Social Sciences.
1) 145 students (all undergraduate - degrees and certificates).
2) 77 students (all postgraduate - taught degrees, research degrees and certificates/diplomas).
3) 35 students (undergraduate degrees only, but includes those students studying two subjects where half of their programme is in Law and Social Sciences).
4) 37 students (postgraduate taught and postgraduate research degrees).
All figures are taken from those used in the HESES return (1 December 2011 snapshot). The figures are for students with a declared nationality of People's Republic of China only.
The total number of UG students (headcount - degree & certificate) is 2,861 (again taken from the HESES data).
The number of UG students studying either completely within the LSS Faculty, or on a two subject degree which includes a subject within the LSS Faculty is 1,158.