Disclosure date: 9 December 2011
Please give me the following information under the Freedom of Information Act.
1) Please tell me what steps you have taken to be compliant with your general statutory responsibilities under Section 22 (1) of the Education Act 1994
2) Please send me a copy of the latest code of practice described in section 22 (3) of the Education Act 1994 which you have a statutory duty to prepare, issue and when necessary revise.
3) Has your student union published in the past 12 months a list of a list of the external organisations to which the union has made donations in the period to which the report relates, and provided details of those donations?
4) Please give me details of the communications strategy for this code of practice regarding existing students for the past 12 months and all relevant communications material relating to this.
5) Please give me details of the communications strategy for this code of practice for prospective students for the past 12 months and all relevant communications material relating to this.
1) This information is provided in the School’s Standing Orders. *
2) The latest code of practice can be found in the Student Handbooks, one of which can be found at on page 196. *
4) This Code of Practice is brought to all students’ attention once a year in the School’s Student Handbooks. The Code of Practice and other relevant documents are available for inspection in the Union, the Registry and from the School’s designated senior officer.
5) The Code of Practice is made available to prospective students in Student Handbooks, on the SOAS website and on the Student Union website.
* Please note that where information is available on our website, SOAS is not under an obligation to provide the information as the exemption at section 21(1) of the Freedom of Information Act will apply. However, should you wish to receive a copy of the information in an alternative format, please let me know.