Disclosure date: 16 March 2012
Reference: FOI2012/019 Disclosure - SOAS
1) In the financial year 2010-11, did the vice-chancellor (or head of institution if otherwise titled) hold any positions on the boards of external bodies not part of the university (such as companies, corporate bodies, public bodies or charities)? If so, please list each one.
2) In the same year, did he or she receive any remuneration from such roles? If so, please list the remuneration for each role.
3) Please state whether the remuneration from each role went to the vice-chancellor (or head of institution if otherwise titled), or whether the remuneration went to the university.
1) Professor Paul Webley, Director of SOAS, held the following positions:
Chair & Director, London Metropolitan Network
Member, UCEA Board
Member, Board of London Higher
Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of London
2) The only role Prof Webley was remunerated for was that of Vice-Chancellor of the University of London. The amount paid was £13,090 for the period 20 April 2010 to 31 August 2011.
3) The remuneration received in respect of that role went to the School.