SOAS's Investment Portfolio
Disclosure date: 24 January 2013
I would like to request a copy of the university’s current investment portfolio, comprising a list of all the companies the university is currently invested in.
If such a list is not available, please confirm whether the university holds investments in any of the following companies:
1. BAE Systems plc;
2. Boeing Company;
3. BRP-Powertrain GmbH & Co. KG;
4. Cobham plc;
5. FLIR Systems, Inc;
6. General Atomics, GGeneral Electric;
7. Glenair Inc.
8. The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co;
9. Honeywell International Inc;
10. L-3 Communications Corporation;
11. Lockheed Martin Corporation;
12. Northrop Grumman;
13. Parker Hannifin Corporation;
14. Raytheon Company;
15. Rockwell Collins Government Systems Inc;
16. Chemring Group plc;
17. Roke Manor Research,
18. Finmeccanica S.P.A;SELEX Galileo and
19. Ultra Electronics Holdings plc.
If the university's investments are held in a pooled fund or a variety of these funds, please provide recent, dated, lists of the underlying shares that the fund(s) invests in. Please also confirm if any shares are held in the above-mentioned companies as part of a pension fund or endowment, either directly or indirectly through an externally managed fund.
If you propose not to comply with deny all or any part of this request, please cite each specific exemption upon which you rely.
Please see attached list. In addition, I can confirm that SOAS does not invest in any of the companies listed in your request.
SOAS does not control any pension funds. SOAS staff take out pensions with USS and SAUL, but SOAS does not hold information on their investments.