Disclosure date: 27 June 2012
1. The number of suicides among students in each of the past five academic years.
2. The number of foreign students who have committed suicide in each of the past five academic years.
3. The size of the overall student body in each of the past five academic years.
4. The overall number of foreign students in each of the past five academic years.
1 & 2. This information is not held.
3 & 4.
2010 Total 5269 Non-UK 2838
2009 Total 5393 Non-UK 2701
2008 Total 5295 Non-UK 2655
2007 Total 4703 Non-UK 2367
Please note the following:
- These statistics do not include students who enrol post-1 Dec each year
- Non-UK is defined as all records excluding those where the student has declared they are a UK national, or their nationality is missing, or unknown
- Where students hold a dual nationality one of which is UK we record them as a UK national only
Nationality is not a mandatory field for statutory returns
- These figures do not include summer schools, or distance learning students, or student numbers not held in the central database i.e. short courses in the Language Centre.