Disclosure date: 3 March 2014
1) The number of female academics in each discipline. Please indicate how many are teaching staff and how many are academics.
2) The number of male academics employed in each discipline. Please indicate how many are teaching staff and how many are academics.
3) The number of women in top or managerial positions including the posts held by the women, for example, dean of faculty, principal investigator, etc. Top managerial positions include principal investigators and those who are either heading a faculty, department or are a vice-chancellor or deputy vice-chancellor. I am not looking for figures of those involved in departments such as finance or human resources or anyone not involved in teaching and or research.
1 & 2) Please see the attached Excel workbook which shows Permanent Academic and Teaching staff broken down by Department/Area. This table is generated in Excel from a report containing the information on the School’s HR personnel database ResourceLink.
3) Thirteen. The posts are:
- Pro-Director (Learning & Teaching)
- Dean of the Faculty of Languages & Cultures
- Chair Contemporary Central Asia, Caucasus
- Associate Head of Department, School of Arts
- Regional Chair, Korean Studies
- Associate Head of Department, China and Inner Asia
- Regional Chair, Centre for Media and Film
- Associate Dean – Research
- Associate Dean – Learning and Teaching
- Associate Dean – Masters
- Head of Politics and International Studies
- Head of Development Studies
- Head of DEFIMS