This page provides links to guidance on information compliance as it applies to specific activities around the School. If you have any thoughts on issues that should be covered, please contact the Information Compliance Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Guidance for Students
Copyright and the Library - what staff and students are allowed to do with material in the Library
PhD theses and information compliance
- E-theses and third-party copyright - considering the rights of third parties when writing your thesis
- E-theses Restrictions - reasons to consider restricting access to your thesis (in particular via the School's online repository).
- Using personal data in research - guidance on the handling of data about individuals in your research.
Guidance for Academic Staff
Using the BLE
- A quick guide to copyright and the BLE - a summary of what you are allowed to upload to the Bloomsbury Learning Environment (BLE)
- Detailed guide on copyright and the BLE - more detail on what is allowed under copyright law
Copying and the classroom
- Photocopying and scanning under the CLA licence - detailed guidance on what is and isn't allowed under copyright
- Quick guide to course handouts and course packs - guide to what you are and aren't allowed to do when reproducing material for use in teaching
- Copyright and the Library - what staff and students are allowed to do with material in the Library
- Copying material to improve accessibility - what you are allowed to do to cater for the needs of students or staff with disabilities
- Audio-visual material and the classroom - quick guide to copyright rules that apply to audio-visual material
Using personal data in research - guidance on the handling of data about individuals in your research.
Guidance for School Administration
Guidance for Committee Servicing - guidance on data protection, freedom of information and record keeping requirements for committees.