[skip to content]

International Students

Japan and Korea Exchange: Accommodation

The main student residence at SOAS is Dinwiddy House, which provides accommodation for over 500 undergraduate students. 

Dinwiddy is adjacent to the Vernon Square campus and a 15 minute walk from the main campus at Russell Square. The residence offers purpose built, self-catering accommodation for undergraduates.

Each student has an individual study-bedroom with en-suite facilities, telephone and broadband internet access. Six or seven rooms are clustered around shared kitchen and dining facilities.

Where possible, students will be offered a choice of single or mixed sex clusters. Students can cook for themselves, or choose to eat at the School or in one of the many cafes or restaurants nearby. A laundry, common room and games room are also available on site.

The residence is run by Sanctuary Students and to find out more about accommodation costs and facilities please visit their website.

Applying for Accommodation

When you have received confirmation of your acceptance onto the exchange programme from SOAS, you can then apply online for accommodation. Dinwiddy House is extremely popular and so you should apply early if you want a place.

Should you apply too late for accommodation, or you would prefer to live in other university accommodation or in private housing, SOAS can also assist you. The University of London accommodation office provides help and guidance for new students as well as a full range of services to assist you in finding housing.

Visit the University of London Housing website

If you decide to live in private accommodation, SOAS recommends that you arrive a few weeks before the start of term to allow time to find somewhere that is right for you.