[skip to content]

International Students

Orientation & Student Support

Orientation for Study Abroad and Exchange Students

All Study Abroad and Exchange students have a special orientation upon arrival at SOAS. This day is designed to introduce you to life at SOAS and in London and for you to meet your support staff and each other. For details of the next orientation please visit the orientation page.

Study Abroad Academic and Pastoral Support

Study Abroad Programme Coordinator – Coryn Shiflet
Coryn is your main point of contact before arriving at SOAS and during your time here. Contact on: studyabroad@soas.ac.uk

Study Abroad Academic Advisor – Dr Shabnum Tejani

Shabnum can offer advice and guidance on all aspects of study and academic life at SOAS.

Erasmus Academic and Pastoral Support

Please contact associatestudent@soas.ac.uk  for general enquiries and the application procedure.

You can also contact Matt Naylor on studyabroad@soas.ac.uk.

Erasmus Academic Advisor - Dr Nima Mina

Nima can offer advice and guidance on all aspects of study and academic life. Contact: nm46@soas.ac.uk

Student Services

Visit the SOAS Student Advice and Wellbeing page

Student Services offer a range of services and support to all SOAS students.  They are based at Vernon Square and can provide impartial and confidential advice on non-academic issues such as finance, visas and immigration, and accommodation.  

There are advisors to help disabled students with all aspects of their academic and extra-curricular life at SOAS. We are aware of the extra challenge facing study abroad students with a disability and make a special effort to help them with any problems they may encounter.

There are also professionally-trained counselors at SOAS and at the University of London Health Centre, to help students facing problems of a personal or emotional nature.


Visit the Chaplaincy page

A team of chaplains offer many services to students including opportunities for prayer and worship. The School has three single-sex prayer rooms, available for private use.

Health Service

Visit the SOAS Health Service page

Health provision is available at the University Central Institutions Health Service, located close to the School in Gower Street. All international students studying in the UK for six months or more are eligible to receive health care from the National Health Service (NHS), which for most services is free.