Japan Research Centre
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact the Centres and Programmes Office.
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- Gambarou Nippon – Imagi(ni)ng Japan post 3/11
Iwabuchi Koichi and others
- Title TBC
Theodore Bestor (Harvard University)
- Patriotic Service or Youth Exploitation? Japanese Students and the Wartime Labor Service, 1941–45
Dr Halliday Piel (University of Manchester)
- Managing (Un)Certainties - Economic Sociology Perspectives on the Japanese Antique Art Trade
Harald Conrad (University of Sheffield)
- Brewed in Japan: The Evolution of the Japanese Beer Industry
Dr Jeffrey W Alexander (University of Wisconsin – Parkside)
- Title TBC
- Inventing the Way of the Samurai: Nationalism, Internationalism, and Bushido in Modern Japan
Dr Oleg Benesch (University of York)
- Women Adrift: Narratives and Memories of Empire in Modern Japan
Noriko Horiguchi (University of Tennessee)