Centre of Korean Studies Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact the Centres and Programmes Office
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- Typewriters vs. Coffee: How Did Korean Women Take over the Job of Secretaries?
Dr. Eunju Bährisch (Warwick University)
- From Across the Genkai Sea: Chang Hyŏk-chu and Japan’s Korean War
Dr. Samuel E. Perry (Brown University)
- Clash or Coalition? Queer Korean Activism and Academic Research
JaeWook Ryu (Lancaster University); Hsien Chew (Proud Voices Asia); Julie Lee (UC Berkeley); Marion Gilbert (INALCO); Minwoo Jung (University of Southern California)
- 73 Years On - 'Comfort Women' Shown on Film
Jung-lae Cho (Director, Spirits’ Homecoming), Sook Son (Actress, Spirits Homecoming), Hana Kang (Actress, Spirits Homecoming)
- Seventeenth Century Japan -Hogok Nam Yong-ik's Pusangnok-
Prof. Youngsook Pak