Centre of Korean Studies Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact the Centres and Programmes Office
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- 73 Years On - 'Comfort Women' Shown on Film
Moderator: Chanel Kong (LA Asia Film Festival Programmer). Panelists: Jung-lae Cho (Director, Spirits’ Homecoming), Sook Son (Actress, Spirits Homecoming), Hana Kang (Actress, Spirits Homecoming), Dr Hyunseon Lee (SOAS)
- A Conversation with Director Kim Sung-soo and Actor Jung Woo-sung
Kim Sung-soo (Director) and Jung Woo-sung (Actor)
- The Other Great Game: The Opening of Korea and the Birth of Modern East Asia, 1876-1905
Professor Sheila Miyoshi Jager (Oberlin College)
- Seventeenth Century Japan -Hogok Nam Yong-ik's Pusangnok-
Prof. Youngsook Pak
- International Migration, Migrant Integration, and Multiculturalism in South Korea
Prof. In-Jin Yoon (Korea University)