Centre of Korean Studies Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact the Centres and Programmes Office
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- Buddhism in contemporary South-Korean society
Dr Florence Galmiche (Assistant Professor Department of East Asian Studies, Paris-Diderot University)
- One Fine Day: Korean Short Film and Media Art in London
Ingeun Kim (Director, Royal College of Art) / Sukho Yun (Director of Winter Sonata)
- Twelve gasa poetry in the context of Korean literature development: re-thinking the approach (“A Plum-blossom”poem)
Dr Anastasia Guryeva (Senior lecturer at Faculty of Asian and African Studies, Saint Petersburg State University)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Repatriated: Koreans in Transwar Shandong, 1940-1947
Konrad Lawson (University of St. Andrews)
- Gangnam Style?: Plastic Surgery and Biopolitics in South Korea
Dr So Yeon Leem (Sociology, LSE)
- Love, Korean Style! Drama and the Korean Wave
Director Yun Seokho (Winter Sonata & SOAS Visiting Scholar)
- Iryǒn as a historian
Miriam Löwensteinová Miriam Löwensteinová (Associate Professor, Charles University Prague, Institute of EA Studies, Czech Republic)
This event has been cancelled.
- An Analysis of the Text Structures of Cheonjugasa from the Linguistic Perspective
Dr Cho Wonhyong (Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim)
- Literary Event with Korean Novelist: In Conversation with Gong Ji-young
Gong Ji-young in conversation with Grace Koh
- Literary Event with Korean Novelist - Border States and Mother Tongues: An Evening with Bae Suah
Bae Suah with Deborah Smith & Kate Griffin