Terms and Conditions for Group Courses
- Fees for academic year 2015-2016 are effective from 1st August 2015 and are payable in advance of the start of the course. They are not subject to V.A.T.
- Fees for all courses, apart from Language Certificate and Diploma programmes, are exclusive of course materials.
- The payment of instalments is only accepted for Language Certificate and Diploma programmes.
- Sponsors must supply an official purchase order or a letter confirming that the company will be responsible for payment of the fees. An invoice will be issued.
- Please ensure that the purchase order accompanies the application form
- Failure to do comply with the above may result in withdrawal of a student from the course and/or the student becoming liable for payment immediately.
- Refunds will be returned in the same way as the payment was made. Please note the refund procedure may take up to four weeks.
- No partial refund can be given for classes not attended, unless non-attendance relates to a rescheduled class.
- SOAS Language Centre cannot accept any responsibility for unforeseen changes in students’ circumstances that may prevent attendance.
- All cancellations and requests for refunds must be received in writing (including email) by the Language Centre at least 5 working days before the start of the course.
The following terms apply to refunds:
- If received more than 10 working days before the start of the course, 10% of the total course fee is deducted.
- If received between 10 and 5 working days before the start of the course, 30% of the total course fee is deducted.
- If received fewer than 5 working days prior to the scheduled start of a course, no refund is payable.
- Please note that Saturday is not a ‘working day’.
- Our classes require a minimum number of students and, for this reason, we reserve the right to cancel a course if it does not reach quorum.
- We strongly advise you to enrol at least five days before the start date.
- Classes are only for learners aged 18 and above.
- Unless otherwise specified, our classes are limited to 15 students per class.
- Students undertake to adhere to the college Code of conduct - Student Disciplinary Procedure 2012/13 (pdf; 143kb) at all times.
These terms and conditions may be subject to change without prior notice.
Updated 01 August 2015