Terms and Conditions for Group Courses
- Fees for this academic year are effective from 01 August 2013 and are payable in advance of the start of the course. They are not subject to V.A.T.
- Fees are exclusive of course material.
- The payment of instalments for a term is not accepted.
- See Course Fees page
- Employer sponsorship must supply an official purchase order or a letter confirming that the company will be responsible for payment of the fees. An invoice will be issued.
- Please ensure that the purchase order accompanies the application form.
- Failure to do so may result in withdrawal from the course and/or the student becoming liable for payment immediately.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Refunds will be returned the way the payment was made. Please note this procedure may take several weeks.
- No partial refund can be granted for classes not attended, unless non-attendance relates to a rescheduled class.
- SOAS Language Centre cannot accept any responsibility for unforeseen changes in students’ circumstances that may prevent attendance.
- All cancellations and requests for refunds must be received in writing (including email) by the Language Centre at least 5 working days before the beginning of the course.
The following charges will apply:
- If received more than 10 working days before the start of the course, 10% of the total course fee is deducted.
- If received between 10 and 5 working days of the course starting, 30% of the total course fee is deducted.
- If received fewer than 5 working days prior to the scheduled start of a course, no refund is payable.
- Please note that Saturday is not a ‘working day’.
- Our classes require a minimum number of students, for this reason we reserve the right to cancel a course if it does not reach quorum.
- We strongly advise you to enrol at least five days before commencement date.
- Classes are aimed at for learners aged 18 or above. If learners are below that age, it may be necessary for them to be accompanied by relative who is 18 or over.
- Unless otherwise specified, our classes are limited to 15 students per class.
- Students are to adhere to the college code of conduct at all times
- We reserve the right to refuse admission.
- Discounts are available for scheduled courses only, ID cards or proof of alumnus status must be produced.
- See list of constituent colleges eligible for discounts.
These terms and conditions may be subject to change without prior notice.
Updated 6 November 2013