- One-year course with 3 terms, 10 weeks per term, 2 hours per week
SOAS Language Centre
Arabic (Modern Standard) Proficiency Course
2016 Entry requirements
- Fees and funding
Mode of Attendance: Part-time
This course at SOAS Language Centre in London aims to reinforce the skills of communicating in Modern Standard Arabic acquired on the Advanced course or similar courses. Having completed the course learners should be able to:
- initiate and sustain discussion of topics of general interest;
- understand the main points of any non-technical text;
- carry out basic research: identify important sources and understand main ideas;
- understand the general ideas of lectures on familiar topics;
- write essays and opinion pieces on a wide variety of topics.
The course is taught in English and Arabic and includes coverage of the four skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing and a good balance between understanding the systems of Arabic grammar and vocabulary, developing the skills of comprehending and producing Arabicin speech and writing, guided practice in language usage and use and authentic communicative activities. Class size is limited to fifteen to allow intensive interactive practice with individual feedback and advice on progress.
Back to the Language Centre Home Page
MaterialsOur course materials page shows you what you need to buy for this course. Course materials are not included in the course fee and can be purchased from the SOAS bookshop firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees and funding
Course fees quoted are per term of 10 weeks.