How We Learn Languages
Welcome to 'How We Learn Languages'
Inspired by the 'Jinrikisha - How We Learnt Japanese' podcasting project, we have asked more language learners to share their do's and don'ts with us. Click on each student's name to read more about their learning experience, including their most embarrassing faux-pas! You may need to login with your SOAS username and password first.
How We Learn Arabic
Gabi Baur, Dilpoma in Modern Standard Arabic (2006-2007)
How We Learn Japanese
- Jonathan Waller, intermediate level
- Ben Carter, Intermediate level
- Bobby Lau, intermediate level
- Angelica Fernardo and Majid Riaz, Diploma in Modern Japanese students (2005-06)
How We Learn Mandarin
- Stephen Gourlay, Beginners Term 3
- Christian Carbines, Beginners Term 3
How We Learn Thai
Tim Higginson, upper intermediate
How We Learn Tones
Sophie Salffner, SOAS PhD student in Linguistics and learner of Yoruba - Part 1 and Part 2
Visit also the CETL LWW webpages for more learner support resources.