Language Acquisition Fund for SOAS Research Students in the Languages and Cultures Faculty
A maximum amount of £750 is available to help SOAS MPhil/PhD research students in the Languages and Cultures Faculty to acquire language skills necessary for their research work. The grant will cover language tuition fees only.
- The research student’s supervisor should e-mail Dr Tian Yuan Tan, Associate Dean Research, Languages and Cultures (email@example.com), copying to Roger Nuthall, Faculty Administrator, (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the request, indicating why language training is needed for research purposes, and specifying:
- name of research student;
- name of language teacher and/or institute;
- number of lessons required, price per lesson and the total cost.
- The supervisor will be notified of the decision.
- Successful applicants should send Roger Nuthall (room 359) either an invoice or receipts for the course.
Note: Applicants can only claim the approved amount and must submit an invoice or receipts within the current financial year (up until the end of July).
Classes should be taken at SOAS where available.
In order to allocate funds fairly and efficiently, applications should be made as early as possible and before the end of term one. Preference will be given to first-time applicants. Funds are limited so late applications may not be successful.
PLEASE NOTE: Research students in other Faculties must apply through their home Faculty Offices.
Faculty of Languages and Cultures