EventsThe School of Law and its associated Centres host a diverse range of events, including workshops, lectures, seminars and reading groups. We welcome all those with an interest in law, so to find out more about a specific event, please click on the event link below.
- Book Presentation: “Cultures of Dispossession: Rights, Identities and Status,” Reflections on Dispossession: Critical Feminisms eds. Brenna Bhandar and Davina Bhandar (Living Commons Collective: 2016)
Speaker: Dr Brenna Bhandar | Discussant: Ms Nydia Swaby (SOAS, Centre for Gender Studies)
School of Law Book Presentation by Dr Brenna Bhandar.
- Taking and Presenting Evidence In International Arbitration
Mr Steven P Finizio
Guest speaker Mr Steven Finizio. The seminar will be chaired by Dr Emilia Onyema.
- Multinational Enterprises and Environmental Justice: Laws and Implications of Shell Nigeria and BP Colombia Cases
Seminar with panellists: Daniel Leader, Barrister, Partner, Leigh Day and Shubhaa Srinivasan, Barrister, Partner, Leigh Day
- CEAL Thai Rule of Law Project 2016-2017 Launch
- Insight Day at SOAS
An invitation only event for prospective undergraduate students who have received an offer from SOAS
- Book Presentation: The Transformation of Islamic Law in Global Financial Markets (CUP: 2015)
Speaker: Dr Jonathan Ercanbrack
School of Law Book presentation
- Book Launch & Reception: Vanja Hamzić, Sexual and Gender Diversity in the Muslim World: History, Law and Vernacular Knowledge (I.B. Tauris: 2015)
Speakers: Dr Rahul Rao (SOAS, Politics and International Studies) | Dr Ziba Mir-Hosseini (SOAS, Centre of Islamic and Middle Eastern Law)
A book launch and reception for Vanja Hamzić's Sexual and Gender Diversity in the Muslim World: History, Law and Vernacular Knowledge (I.B. Tauris: 2015).
- Arbitration Seminar
Mrs Julianne Hughes - Jennett
Guest speaker Mrs Julianne Hughes-Jennett of Hogan Lovells.
- PhD Colloquium
School of Law PhD Colloquium, an all day event.