Online course sign-up
- Signing up online
- Choosing your courses
- Saving, abandoning, submitting and unsubmitting choices
- Year abroad students
- The small print
Sign up to your chosen courses using our online system. Please use Internet Explorer as the system may not work on other browsers.
The system will be available from 9am on Monday 16th March 2015.
And you have to make your final choices by 5pm on Friday 24th April 2015.
To log in, you’ll need your 6-digit student number and your usual student password.
Once you’re logged in, you should see your Programme of Study and the year you’re going in to.
If you’re having problems logging on, email email@example.com.
If you log on and can’t see the right Programme of Study, get in touch with your Faculty Office.
To see an expanded list of courses, click on the ‘Show Courses’ button at each level.
We’ve grouped the courses under:
- Core/compulsory courses: You can’t change or move these.
- Optional courses: These vary depending on which programme you’re on.
- Open Options: These are other courses (usually from different departments) that you can choose from.
We recommend you work your way down the groups as they show on the page – we’ve structured it to correspond with the information on the programme web pages for your faculty.
To choose a course, tick the box next to it. In some cases, you’ll have to tick the 'group' box above the list first. This applies to groups of open options courses in particular. If you change your mind at any point, just untick the box.
Each year of full-time study should come up to 4 units. Full-year course are usually valued at 1 unit and Term 1 or Term 2 only courses valued at 0.5 (or 0.4) units. Once you’ve chosen your 4 units’ worth of courses, you won’t be able to choose any more.
- Save Choices lets you log out, then log back in later without losing your choices.
- Abandon Choices if you want to start again.
- Submit Choices once you’ve checked that you have a total of 4 units worth of courses. It will lead you to a page that asks you to confirm your choices. Faculty staff will then check your choices and let you know if there is a problem.
- Unsubmit Choices if you clicked Submit Choices by accident and still need to add more units.
If you’re studying a year abroad, you don’t have to choose your courses online.
But if you’re currently abroad and expecting to return in the next academic year, you’ll have to sign up.
We can’t guarantee that every course offered will be available again in the next session, but we’ll do all we can to accommodate your choices. Often, the popularity of a course will determine its availability.
As much as we can, we use the course sign-up information to compile the teaching timetable, but some clashes will be inevitable, which means we can’t guarantee you’ll get every single one of your course choices.
See the current timetable to get an idea of how lecture and tutorials might be structured.
If you have any problems with choosing courses (for example, you can't find the course you want to take or you are not sure how to use the system), email your Faculty Office: