- The Incipient Art of Comparison: The Turn of Political Thought
Professor Michael Freeden
The Centre for Comparative Political Thought presents Professor Michael Freeden on 'The Incipient Art of Comparison: The Turn of Political Thought'.
- Rentier Capitalism. Disorganised Development and Social Injustice in Pakistan
Shahid Ahmed (Former United Nations Official) in discussion with Richard Kozul-Wright (UNCTAD) and Robert Wade (LSE).
Rentier Capitalism. Disorganised Development and Social Injustice in Pakistan
- United States Law and Policy on Transitional Justice
Dr. Zachary Kaufman
Seminar and Book Launch for United States Law and Policy on Transitional Justice.
- Beyond the Pale: The Earliest Agrarian States and “their Barbarians”
Professor James C. Scott
The "Golden Age of Barbarians"
- Implementing Strategies for Economic Transformation
Dr Dirk Willem te Velde (Head of International Economic Development Group, Overseas Development Institute - ODI)
Jointly organised by Economic Transformation in Africa (ETA) Working Group and SOAS-IDP
- Economics, (and) governance and (for) sustainable development
Christos Pitelis (Brunei Business School, University of London)
Economics, (and) governance and (for) sustainable development
- PhD Colloquium
School of Law PhD Colloquium, an all day event.
- Mega-regionalism and Developing Economies
Micheal G. Plummer, Director of SAIS Europe and Eni Professor of Economics Johns Hopkins University
Presenter: Michael G. Plummer, Director of SAIS Europe and Eni Professor of Economics, Johns Hopkins University
Chair: Ulrich Volz, Head of the SOAS Department of Economics
Time: Tuesday 31 May from 17:00-19:00
Venue: College Buildings, Russell Square Room: L67
Organised by: SOAS Department of Economics and London Asia Pacific Centre for Social Science.
- Law Alumni & Friends Reception
Celebration of SOAS' Centenary and special law alumni party.
- Rethinking the Role of Courts and Judges in supporting Arbitration in Africa
Second of the Arbitration in Africa conference research project which is taking place at the Lagos Court of Arbitration Centre Conference Hall in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Centre of Comparative Political Thought Workshop