These open-access resources have been assigned for teaching by SOAS academics.
- Kant, I. What is enlightenment?
- Fitzgerald, T. Religious studies as cultural studies: a philosophical and anthropological critique of the concept of religion. DISKUS, Vol.3, no.1 (1995)
- Frazer, J. G. (1922) The Golden Bough A classic study on comparative folklore, magic and religion
- Griffiths, P. J. The very idea of religion (response to Fitzgerald and others)
- McKenzie, P. Otto, Wach and Heiler: towards a systematic phenomenology of religion. DISKUS, Vol.2, no.1 (1994)
- Morgan, P. The authority of believers in the study of religions DISKUS Vol.4, no.1 (1996)
- Postmodern culture (1990 - ) Open-access journal from John Hopkins University Press via Project Muse