Fines and charges
If you return or renew an item after the due date, you will be charged a fine. This also applies to recalled materials that are returned after the new due date.
Current fine rates
|Long Loans (2 weeks/1 month/3 months)||25p per day|
|One Week Loans||75p per day|
|CDs & DVDs||50p per day|
Please note that charges are also made for lost items and any items that are returned damaged
To pay fines
- Pay at the Library Issue desk in person with cash or cheque (made payable to SOAS - Library).
- Pay by credit or debit card (chip and pin required) at the self-issue machines on Level E.
- Online using a debit or credit card via the Online Payment system. Please allow 24 hours for processing of online payments. If overpayments are made, no refunds are given, but your library account will be credited. A £3 minimum applies to online fine payments.
You can also pay fines via the Finance Office
- By phone on 020 7074 5030, during office hours 9am – 5pm, Mon-Fri.
- In person by credit/or debit card to the Finance Office at Vernon Square.
- If you are prepared to send your card details, the Finance Office will accept payment via their e-mail address: email@example.com
Please ask the Cashier to notify the Library (via e-mail) that you have paid. Your record will be amended accordingly and you will be sent a confirmation e-mail.