Information for SOAS staff and students*
Material which is not held by SOAS library that is required for purposes directly related to research or study at the School may be requested via the Interlibrary loan service.
ILL users are charged at £3.00 per satisfied request**
- Before making a request please ensure that material is neither held by SOAS library (check online and card catalogues), nor available electronically, or available for consultation at any other nearby library to which SOAS staff and students have access.
- Books received on ILL should be consulted in SOAS library only, and may not be borrowed for home reading.
- Maximum of 5 new requests can be submitted at a time
- **Fees for requests from the British Library are waived for SOAS staff and SOAS postgraduate students (taught and research).
Making a request
- Send your request via e-mail to email@example.com
- Please note that UK copyright law does not allow more than one article to be photocopied from the same bound volume/issue for the same researcher.
- Please provide as much information as possible about the material you are requesting.
UK and North American PhD theses
A large number of UK PhD theses (inc SOAS) are available via the British Library EThOS (Electronic Theses Online) service - http://ethos.bl.uk/
A number of SOAS PhD theses are available via SOAS Research Online: https://eprints.soas.ac.uk/view/divisions/T
North American PhD theses – SOAS library has access to ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection
Y. Shlyuger Inter-Library Loans assistant, Room D18
*If you are not a SOAS student or staff member, please check under External customers for more information on services offered to other libraries and persons who are not currently studying or teaching at SOAS.