Checking your own record
You are encouraged to check your own Library record regularly, to keep track of what you borrow. It displays:
- Your name and contact details
- Current items on loan to you (with due dates)
- Items that have been recalled for another user
- Any outstanding reservations
- Any reserved items that are ready for pickup
- Any fines or charges owed to the Library
How do I check my Library record?
This can be done from the on-line catalogue and saves you queuing up at the Issue Desk
- Go to the Library Catalogue homepage
- Select 'Check Your SOAS Library Record'
- Key in your first and last names
- Key in your 10-digit Library borrower's number (e.g. 0180123456)
- Click on the 'Submit' button
- You can now access your loan record
Always click on 'Log Out' when you have finished - otherwise your confidential details will be seen by the next person
What if my contact details are wrong?
Please inform the Library straight away of any changes to your name, address, e-mail or telephone number. We use your postal and e-mail addresses to let you know about overdue books, reservations and recalls so we need to have an up-to-date record.