What can I reserve?
All items which are currently on loan to other users may be reserved through our on-line catalogue. We ask the user to return the material and notify you by e-mail when it is ready for collection.
Which books may not be reserved?
Overnight loans and any material which appears as 'available', even if it is missing from the shelf.
How do I make a reservation?
- Find the item on the on-line Library catalogue screen
- Click the 'Request' button (at the top of the page)
- Enter your first and last names in that order
- Enter your 10-digit Library borrower's number (e.g. 0180123456) without leaving any spaces (for security reasons this will appear as *****)
- Click the 'Submit' button
- Select the item/s you wish to reserve
- Click the 'Send' button
- Your reservation request has now been sent to the Library
How many reservations can I make?
You may reserve up to 3 items at any one time.
You need to check your e-mail or your Library Record regularly to find out whether your reservation is ready for pickup
- Reserved One Week Loan and Long Loan items are held for you for 4 working days]
We encourage you to cancel any reservations you no longer require, for the benefit of the next person in the queue.
This can be done in two ways:
- Through your own library record on the Library catalogue
- At the Issue Desk on Level E (Ground Floor)