What can I reserve?
All items which are currently on loan to other users may be reserved through our on-line catalogue. We ask the user to return the material and the library notify you by e-mail when it is ready for collection.
Which books may not be reserved?
Any material which appears as 'available', even if it is missing from the shelf.
How do I make a reservation?
- Find the item in the on-line Library catalogue screen
- Click the 'Request' button (the blue flag beside the due date)
- Enter your first and last names in that order
- Enter your 10 or 14-digit Library borrower's number (e.g. 0180123456 or 0486BCD97364FA) without leaving any spaces (for security reasons this will appear as *****)
- Click the 'Submit' button
- Select the item/s you wish to reserve
- Click the 'Send' button
- Your reservation request has now been sent to the Library
How many reservations can I make?
You may reserve up to 3 items at any one time.
You need to check your e-mail or your Library Record regularly to find out whether your reservation is ready for pickup
- Reserved One Week Loan and Long Loan items are held for you for 4 working days
We encourage you to cancel any reservations you no longer require, for the benefit of the next person in the queue.
This can be done in two ways:
- Through your own library record on the Library catalogue
- At the Issue Desk on Level E (Ground Floor)