What can I reserve?
One week (SOAS staff and students only) and long loan books which are currently on loan to other members may be reserved through our Online Library Catalogue. An Email is sent out to the current borrower to return the item usually within a week of the reservation. Once the item is returned the Library notifies you by email for collection.
Which books may not be reserved?
Any material which appears as 'available', even if it is missing from the shelf.
How do I make a reservation?
- Find the book on the Library Catalogue
- Click the 'Recall This' link by the due date
- You will be prompted to login. Click "Institutional Login"
- Enter your SOAS id and password to login (External members use your LW Number as your user name and your Memorable Date as your password in the following format dd-Mmm-yyyy)
- Click the 'Submit Request' link
- Your reservation request will now be processed and you will be sent an email once the book is ready for collection
How many reservations can I make?
You may reserve up to 3 books at any one time.
You need to check your email or Library Record to find out whether your reservation is ready for pickup
- Reserved books are held for 4 working days
We encourage you to cancel any reservations you no longer require, for the benefit of the next person in the queue.
This can be done in two ways:
- Through your own Library Record
- At the Issue Desk on Level E (Ground Floor)