Seventh Austronesian and Papuan Languages and Linguistics conference, 2014
Date: 16 May 2014Time: 9:00 AM
Finishes: 17 May 2014Time: 5:00 PM
Venue: Brunei GalleryRoom: B104 and B111
Type of Event: Conference
The Austronesian and Papuan Languages and Linguistics research group is pleased to announce its seventh international conference APLL7 to be held at SOAS, University of London, on 16-17th May 2014. APLL7 follows this year's highly successful APLL6 conference, and the Austronesian Languages and Linguistics (ALL) conferences held at SOAS and St Catherine’s College Oxford in previous years.
The purpose of the APLL conferences is to provide a venue for presentation of the best current research on Austronesian and Papuan languages and linguistics and to promote collaboration and research in this area. All papers will be subject to assessment by the Program Committee.
- Wayan Arka (Australian National University)
- Peter K. Austin (SOAS, University of London)
- Oliver Bond (University of Surrey)
- Dunstan Brown (University of York)
- Mary Dalrymple (University of Oxford)
- Lise Dobrin (University of Virginia)
- Nick Evans (Australian National University)
- Sebastian Fedden (University of Surrey)
- Nikolas Himmelmann (University of Cologne)
- Marian Klammer (Leiden University)
- Frank Lichtenberk (University of Auckland)
- Claire Moyse-Faurie (CNRS, France)
- Bill Palmer (University of Newcastle)
- Laura Robinson (University of California Santa Barbara)
- Peter Sells (University of York)
Abstracts are now invited for the APLL7 conference. Presentations will be 30 minutes followed by 10 minutes of discussion. Each individual may present up to one single authored paper and one joint paper.
Abstracts should be no more than one A4 page in length including references and examples. They should be anonymous, and set in a minimum of 12pt font. They should be in .doc or .pdf format (but NOT .docx format) and the filename should start with APLL7, followed by an underscore and then first authors’ surname, e.g. APLL7_bloggs.pdf. If you have a common surname, please also include initials, e.g. APLL7_jjones.pdf.
Abstracts must be submitted via the EasyChair system which you can access by clicking on this link:
Submit an Abstract
If you do not have an EasyChair account already, you will need to create one when you do this. Once logged in complete your details and upload your abstract as an attachment (pdf, or doc).
The deadline for the submission of all abstracts is 1st February 2014.
Applicants will be notified of abstract acceptance by Friday 7 March 2014.
The APLL-7 Conference Programme will be confirmed in due course.
Registration and Fees
APLL-7 Conference registration is via the SOAS online store: Online Registration
- Regular £40
- Student £20
- Conference dinner (optional) £25
*Fee will cover lunches, and teas/coffees on the two days plus a wine reception. The optional conference dinner will be at a nearby Mediterranean style restaurant that has vegetarian and non-vegetarian options.
Organiser: SOAS, Department of Linguistics
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4892