Iran Heritage Foundation (IHF) Visiting Fellowship Programme at SOAS
The Centre for Iranian Studies at the LMEI is pleased to announce the third round of IHF Visiting Fellowships at SOAS. There are two six-monthly Fellowships in this round: one for the period July-Dec 2014 and another for Jan-June 2015.
Applicants must hold a PhD at the time of applying and have sufficient command of English to be able to take part in the academic life of SOAS. Their research may be in any discipline relating to Iran.
In the absence of teaching responsibilities, the fellows will be expected to participate fully in the academic and intellectual life of the Centre for Iranian Studies (CIS) in particular and SOAS more generally, including interaction with research students and taking part in CIS academic conferences and seminars.
Fellows will be given access to the SOAS library, office space and work station. They will receive a monthly stipend of £1,500 and will be refunded for the cost of their return journey from/to their country of residence to take up the fellowship.
Successful applicants would be expected to offer at least one lecture at SOAS during their visit and produce a publication acknowledging that the research was conducted as an IHF Visiting Fellow at SOAS.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2014
Interested candidates should submit the following:
• Current CV including publications demonstrating clearly their research track record in Iranian Studies and contact information for two referees
• 1,000-word description of the proposed research project at SOAS: its objectives, importance and expected output
• Please indicate if you have a preference for the Fellowship period (July-Dec 2013 or Jan-June 2014)
Applicants who hold an academic position should also indicate whether they intend to visit as part of a sabbatical leave, their home institution’s policy regarding sabbatical pay and how many sabbatical leaves they have taken over the past seven years.
Applications should be e-mailed to Shahla Geramipour at: SG66@soas.ac.uk
- Stefania Petralla (July-Dec 2014)
- Ghoncheh Tazmini (Jan-Jun 2014)
- Mansour Talebpour (July-Dec 2013)
- Mohammad Maljoo (Jan-Jun 2013)
- Saqib Baburi (Apr-Sep 2012)