About the LMEI
The aim of the London Middle East Institute (LMEI) is to promote knowledge of all aspects of the Middle East including its complexities, problems and achievements.
We provide teaching, training, research, publication, consultancy, outreach and other services related to the whole of the Middle East. The LMEI is based at SOAS, University of London, the world's leading institution for the study of Asia, Africa and the Middle East and home to one of the largest concentrations of Middle Eastern expertise in any institution in Europe.
The LMEI is home to the following two centres:
Contact the LMEI
Address: London Middle East Institute, SOAS, University of London, MBI Al Jaber Building, 21 Russell Square, London WC1B 5EA. United Kingdom.
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7898 4330
The Founding Patron and Donor, whose generous support helped the establishment of the LMEI, is Sheikh Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber of the MBI Al Jaber Foundation. The Foundation supports a wide range of Middle East-related educational activities.
LMEI Summer School (20 June-21 July 2016 )
In summer 2016 the LMEI will run an intensive five-week programme which includes a choice of two courses from the following:
- 03 May The Struggle for the State in Jordan: The Social Origins of Alliances in the Middle East
- 05 May Damage to Yemen's Cultural Heritage
- 07 May Communication and Conflict: Iraq and Syria
- April-May Edition of The Middle East in London Hits Newsstands
- New edited book from SOAS scholar’s AHRC-funded ‘Urban Violence in the Middle East’ research project
The Middle East in London