Events and Seminars
- Why “little magazine” like New Humanist are necessary in 2014
Daniel Trilling, editor of the New Humanist magazine
- The Role of Fashion in the Construction of Moroccan Modernity
Dr. Angela Jansen, London College of Fashion
- Documentary showing Documentary showing: "The Sand Trap", followed by Q and A
Sarah Boston, film maker
- Journalism studies in Brazil: theories, practices and challenges
Fernando Resende, CMFS Visiting Research Scholar
- Distant Intimacies: Transnational (family) lives in poly-media environments
Dr. Mirca Madianou, Goldsmiths
- Against Representation: Contemporary Visual Culture and the Politics of Conflict
Dr. Anthony Downey, Ibraaz
- Media in Conflict: Community radio in India Occupied Kashmir
Kazimuddin Ahmed, freelance development strategist
- Screening of award winning documentary “The Bionic Man” followed by Q and A
James Pope, documentary maker
- Insight Day at SOAS
An invitation only event for prospective undergraduate students who have received an offer from SOAS
- Afghanistan: The Challenges to Political Communication
Dr. Massoumeh Tourfeh, CMFS Research Associate
To celebrate the forthcoming release of The Raid 2, sequel to the smash action hit The Raid (2012) the Centre for Media and Film Studies, Indofilm and SOAS Pencak Silat Society invite you to a special screening of the first Gareth Evans/Iko Uwais collaboration, Merantau.
- Persian Service: The BBC and British Interests in Iran
Annabelle Sreberny, SOAS and Massoumeh Torfeh, SOAS
Behrouz Afagh, Head of Middle East and West/Central Asia, BBC World; Ali Ansari, Director of the Institute for Iranian Studies, University of St Andrews; and John Downing, Southern Illinois University join the authors Annabelle Sreberny and Massoumeh Torfeh to mark the publication of their book.
- Disabled Diaspora, Rehabilitating State: The Queer Politics of Reproduction in Israel/Palestine
Roundtable with Jasbir Puar (Rutgers University) featuring Atef Alshaer, Brenna Bhandar, Aeyal Gross and Katherine Natanel. Chaired by Rahul Rao.
No booking is required except for wheelchair space. The venue is wheelchair accessible, although the space for wheelchairs is very limited. To reserve a space, or if you have any other disability-related needs, please contact Rahul Rao (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of the event.