15 December 2011
Applicants will normally hold a PhD or equivalent and must demonstrate sufficient command of English to be able to take part in the academic life of SOAS. Their research may be in any discipline working on Iran.
In the absence of teaching responsibilities, the fellows will be expected to participate fully in the academic and intellectual life of the Centre for Iranian Studies in particular and SOAS more generally, including giving occasional lectures and taking part in CIS academic conferences and seminars.
Fellows will be given access to the SOAS library, office space and work station. They will receive a monthly stipend of £1,500 and will be refunded for the cost of their return journey from their country of residence to London to take up the fellowship.
Application Deadline: 31 January 2012
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- Current CV including publications demonstrating clearly their research track record in Iranian Studies
- 1,000-word description of the proposed research project: its objectives, importance and expected output
- Expected date of publication for the completed project
- Contact information for three referees
Applicants who hold an academic position should also submit a statement from their current institution indicating:
- If sabbatical leave is available
- Home institution policy regarding sabbatical pay
- How many sabbatical leaves have been taken over the past seven years
For further information, contact:
London Middle East Institute
School of Oriental & African Studies
London WC1H 0XG