SOAS Photo Competition 2013
10 December 2013
Launched last year with over 1400 entries from over 50 countries, the SOAS photo competition is an opportunity for people to submit images that highlight the intellectual, cultural and inspiring work of this unique institution and showcase the regions SOAS works within. This year we are pleased to be working with the National Geographic and a panel of experts to arrive at our winners.
We welcome submissions that encapsulate any of the following headings:
- Shape World Affairs
- Embrace Colorful Language
- Explore Cultural Understandings
- Challenge Status Quo
- Think Beyond Borders
- Meet the World at SOAS
Finalists and runners up will be selected by a panel of experts with representatives from SOAS staff and student union.
The winner from each category will receive £200 and runners up £100. Awards will be presented at a drinks reception at the National Geographic store.
To enter send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.The deadline for submissions is 31 January 2014.
Competition Rules and Submission Details
- The final deadline for photo submissions will be 31st January 2014.
- Entries are limited to 5 photos per photographer
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws
- Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to SOAS, University of London to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition
- The images will be judged based on the criteria of being visually appealing, original and self-explanatory.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity
- Files must be 72 dpi and be between 1MB to 5MB in either a TIFF or JPEG format.
- Entrants must include their own name, email address, telephone number and a short statement about each photo.