12 March 2014
Peace and Religion in the 21st century will be the focus for the Second International Summer University for Intercultural Leadership in Berlin this June.
Taking place in June 29 to July 12, this programme follows the success of the first Summer University at Bahçesehir University in Istanbul in last year, which focused on the theme of mass violence, wars and genocides.
The 2014 Summer University will provide SOAS students with the opportunity to attend lectures by renowned university professors from 20 participating global universities. Students will also benefit from joint research projects and group activities, and also receive a certificate from the organisers and participating universities at the end of the programme.
There are four places available for SOAS students. Students must be third year undergraduates or studying for a Masters. Successful applicants will receive a £250 travel bursary from SOAS. The Summer University organisers will cover tuition fees, accommodation and social activities.
Internal deadline: Monday 24 March 2014
All third UG and all Master’s students are eligible to apply.
- Students need to send in a Curriculum Vitae
- Students need to fill in an application form (attached)
- These applications will be assessed by an internal panel and 4 applications will be forwarded to the Summer University organizers for participation.
- SOAS will receive notification of the successful applicants in late April 2014.
- Successful students will be informed as soon as possible after that date.
Please send your applications by email to the Assistant Faculty Officer, Languages and Cultures, Zak Kadrou Late applications will not be considered.