Information for Prospective Students from Oman
Welcome to the country page for Oman. This page contains specific information for students from Oman.
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- English Language Requirements
- In-Country Representatives
- Useful links
- Apply for a UK Visa
Please feel free to contact the Student Recruitment Office for more information about applying to SOAS from Oman: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on upcoming staff visits to the region: Meet SOAS staff in your area page.
The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
- A-levels: between AAA-BBC depending on the programme, for full details please refer to: Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- International Baccalaureate (IB): between 32 and 38 points depending on the programme, for full details please refer to: IB Entry Requirements
To be considered for admission for a Taught Masters degree, SOAS requires a bachelor's degree from a prestigious institution with grades of 3.3/4. In addition, applicants should also refer to the individual programme entries in the Graduate Prospectus or postgraduate admissions pages, which may have additional requirements. The International Foundation Courses and English Language Studies Centre (IFCELS) at SOAS offers a Pre-Masters programme for international students seeking entry to postgraduate degrees at British universities.
Research applicants would normally be expected to have completed a Masters qualification equivalent to a UK Masters degree from a good university.
Please contact Laura Hayes, email@example.com if you have further questions.
To ensure that you can fully benefit from your studies at SOAS, you will need to demonstrate that you meet our minimum English Language entry requirements.
SOAS offers a range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students. There are other scholarships provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations. For further information please visit the Scholarships web page.
SOAS has alumni all over the world, if you would like to contact an alum to ask any questions then please visit the SOAS alumni website.
- The British Council is the UK's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations.
- The British Embassy in Oman where you can find information about all aspects of the UK, as well as practical information about VISAS.
- UCAS - the Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the central organisation through which undergraduate applications are processed for entry to Higher Education.
- UKCISA - the Council for International Student Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying in the UK, including visa advice.