SOAS Photo Competition 2015
Launched in 2012 with over 3000 entries in total to date from over 50 countries, the SOAS photo competition is an opportunity for people to submit images that highlight the intellectual, cultural and inspiring work of this unique institution and showcase the regions SOAS works within. We welcome submissions that encapsulate any of the following headings:
1. SOAS in the World
2. The World at SOAS
3. SOAS in London
Finalists and runners up will be selected by a panel of experts with representatives from SOAS staff and student union.
The winner from each category will receive £200 and runners up £100. Awards will be presented at a drinks reception at SOAS
To enter send your photo to email@example.com or upload to flikr flickr.com/groups/soasphoto15
The deadline for submissions is Friday 20 March.
Competition Rules and Submission Details
- The final deadline for photo submissions will Friday 20 March
- Entries are limited to 4 photos per photographer
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to SOAS, University of London to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition
- The images will be judged based on the criteria of being visually appealing, original and self-explanatory.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity
- Files must be 72 dpi and be between 1MB to 5MB in either a TIFF or JPEG format.
- Entrants must include their own name, email address, telephone number and a short statement about each photo.