- Payment of Tuition Fees
- UK/EU Tuition Fee Loans
- Undergraduate Maintenance and Bursaries
- Funding Your Studies
- Undergraduate Fees 2014/15
- Postgraduate Fees 2014/15
- Fee Status
For queries concerning tuition fees please contact:
- the Registry Fees and Scholarships Section at email@example.com for degree programmes
- firstname.lastname@example.org for Non-Degree Programmes: Associate, Certificate, Erasmus, Study Year Abroad and Diploma in Economics
- email@example.com for distance learning courses.
Tuition fees are payable in full before or at enrolment at the beginning of each academic year.
A fee payment by instalment option is available to self-funding students undertaking on-campus degree programmes. The minimum annual tuition fee for instalments is £1500. The fees are paid in two equal instalments and must be paid by debit or credit card. An administration charge of £150 is payable for the instalment option.
How to Pay
You do not need an invoice to pay your fees - you should cite your 6-digit student ID/application reference number.
Fees may be paid in any of the following ways:
by Credit or Debit Card Online - this is the quickest and most efficient way to pay:
Payment may be made by credit or debit card online at: SOAS Web Payments. The following cards are accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Eurocard, Switch, Maestro, Solo and Delta. You will need your 6-digit student ID/reference number. Please retain your confirmation email as a receipt of payment. If you have any queries about your online payment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
by Cheque and Banker's Draft:
Please make your cheque or banker's draft payable to 'SOAS', write your full name and 6-digit student ID/reference number on the back, and send to the School's Cashier at Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG.
Payment may be made in person, by cheque, card or in cash, to the Cashier at the Vernon Square Campus, Room V208. The office is open from 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
by International Online Bank Transfer (non-UK bank accounts only):
Make a bank transfer from a non-UK bank to pay your SOAS tuition fees via our secure and easy to use StudentPay website.
Currency and Charges: you can select from one of 24 currencies. The payment will be commission-free with no additional bank charges. (If your local currency is not available you may need to make a Euro or US dollar transfer which may require that you pay a local bank charge.)
Online Payment: if you have an online bank account you will be able to complete the transaction online. If you do not have an online bank account StudentPay provides printed instructions which you can pass to your local bank to complete the bank transfer.
Reference: you will need to use your 6-digit student ID/application reference number.
Confirmation: a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you and to the School on successful completion of the payment. If you have any queries about the online bank transfer please contact email@example.com
by Bank Transfer :
Make a payment by bank transfer using the account details below and then e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with: your bank’s name, amount of payment, date of transfer, your name and 6-digit student ID/application reference number; so that the sum can be located. Be sure that the bank transfer request includes your full name and your 6-digit student ID/reference number.
Please do not deposit money at a bank branch directly into the School's account as this payment will not be traceable. Payments must be received at least 14 days before enrolment to have been processed in time. Please either print off the online bank transfer confirmation or ask your bank to provide you with a proof of transaction for your records and in case proof of payment is required by SOAS.
The School's account details are:
Nat West Bank plc
Account number: 08622655
Sort code: 56-00-23
Account holder: School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)
Swift number: NWBKGB2L
IBAN: GB77NWBK56002308622655 (International Bank Account number)
Please call the Cashier Monday to Friday (10-1 and 2-4.30) on 020 7074 5030 to pay by either debit or credit card. You must have to hand your 6-digit student ID/reference number when you call as well as the details of the card to be used.
If you have not paid your tuition fees by enrolment these fees can be paid in person at Enrolment. Payment can be by cheque or credit/debit card. The following cards are accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Eurocard, Switch, Maestro, Solo and Delta.
If you are sponsored by a funding or government body you must provide proof that your fees will be paid, with the contact details of the funding body, to the Fees Section before or at enrolment. Please note that if your sponsor does not pay you are responsible for paying your fees.
If you have taken out a a Professional and Career Development Loan (PCDL) or have US Loans, Canadian Loans or Scandinavian government loans, you should check our dedicated webpages at www.soas.ac.uk/registry/funding/ which will have further advice and guidance regarding enrolment.
If your fees are being paid by Student Finance Direct you should apply for your Tuition Fee Loan as early as possible to allow them time to process your application. New students for 2013-2014 should apply by 31 May 2013 and continuing students by 28 June 2013. It is your responsibility to ensure that your loan application is complete and correct. To facilitate your loans please ensure you do the following:
- Make sure your application to Student Finance is complete, including the return of the signed Declaration
- Complete the “Confirm my Details” section of Join SOAS - once you have been given access and instructions to do so.
- Once you can see a green tick next to “Confirm my Details” there will be a slight delay of up to 5 working days before the “Fee Payment and Funding” section of Join SOAS will update. This is so we can receive the automatic electronic confirmation from Student Finance that you are receiving a Tuition Fee Loan. Of course we will only receive this confirmation if your Student Finance application is complete.
- If for any reason the green tick does not appear on the 6th day then please scan and email a copy of your loan confirmation (the “University or College Payment Advice” is the best page) from Student Finance through to email@example.com.
Fee payment in two equal instalments by debit/credit card is available to self-funding students undertaking on-campus degree programmes.
- The minimum annual tuition fee for instalments is £1500
- An administration charge of £150 is payable with the first instalment, this is non-refundable after enrolment
- 50% of the fees plus £150 is due before or at enrolment
- The remaining 50% of the fees is due by 31 January 2014. You will be notified by e-mail when the second instalment is due
- Instalments are payable only with debit or credit card through SOAS Web Payments:
- On the payments page click on ‘Edit’.
- Please select ‘2013/14 tuition fees’ from the drop down menu.
- Amount to pay: enter 50% of your annual tuition fees.
- Next click ‘Add’ to create another line.
- Select ‘£150 Administration Charge’ from the drop down menu.
- Amount to Pay: enter £150.
- Proceed to pay.
- Your instalment agreement will begin on receipt of 50% of your tuition fees plus £150.