At various stages throughout your studies it may be necessary to obtain formal certification of your status as a registered student at the University. In situations where your student ID card is insufficient evidence or documentary evidence is required (eg visa extensions or applying for part-time work), you can obtain a letter by completing the online form.
Please also note that due to the high demand of requests at the start of the term, letters may take up to 10 working days to be processed.
The following are available online:
Change of Address Form
Please read the information of using the Change of Address form;
If you wish to change any of your addresses, your telephone number or your personal email address, you should use SOAS Online Services to do this (select Change Details under "Update my Information"). Any changes you make here will automatically be made on your official student record.
Official Certification Letters
At the start of the academic year, all new students will be provided with a Certification of Enrolment letter within 10 days of full completion of enrolment. Full time students additionally receive a Council Tax letter at the same time. Students do not need to request this letter, it will be produced automatically and posted to your term time address.
If you require any of the following letters, please request it using the online form:
- Enrolment Certificate - this document will provide all the the information you need for the majority of circumstances and comes with this years term dates;
- Completion of Studies - this letter provides the information on the programme you have completed, including your completion date;
- Confirmation of Fees - this letter shows the fees for the current year of study - please note that we cannot provide a letter to show what fees you have paid or that you are being sponsored by a third party - see information below.
Please note that we will send confirmation to your SOAS email address when the letter has been produced.
If you need to apply for a CAS to enable you to apply for an extended Tier-4 Visa, you need to read the Information on requesting a CAS for Tier 4 Visa.
If you wish a copy invoice (to provide to your bank or to obtain sponsorship), please email firstname.lastname@example.org, who will be able to provide this for you.
If you wish confirmation of the fees you have already paid, please email email@example.com, who will be able to provide this for you.
Transcript Request Form
- Please read the information on requesting a Transcript;
- Please complete and submit the Transcript Request Form;
- You will be notified when this request has been completed.
Transport For London Full Time Student Discount
Students on a full time programme can apply for a student discount from Transport for London (TfL):
- Apply on-line at tfl.gov.uk/photocard. You will be asked to quote your 6 figure student reference number;
- SOAS will approve applications on a daily basis once you have fully completed all elements of formal enrolment;
- You will be able to check the progress of your application via the TfL website.
Please note that the SOAS Language Centre has its own Registration, if non-Language Centre students apply on the Language Centre's page, your request will not be processed and your registration fee will be lost.
- SOAS JACS Codes for programmes of study
If you have any enquiries concerning your request, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Change of Name
If some specific circumstances you may wish to change your registered name with us. Please read the Registry Policy on this for details on when this is possible and what you would need to do.