Prospective employers and other institutions may require you to provide a record of the courses and programme which you have taken.
If you require a detailed record of the courses taken and your results, you should apply for an academic transcript.
Alternatively, you can request a certification letter which can, for example, confirm your current status as a student or the award made to you.
Who can get a transcript or certification letter?
The Registry can provide transcripts for most undergraduate and modularised taught postgraduate programmes.
Students on Research degrees can obtain a transcript only after their degree has been awarded and the Registry has been notified by the University of London of their award.
How much will a transcript or certification letter cost?
Currently registered students only
(if you have yet to complete your programme of study or have yet to receive final results).
you can request up to ten transcripts without charge.
- If you are a current student, please order transcripts using the Transcript Request Form.
- To order a certification letter, please use the Request an Official Certification Letter form.
transcripts can only be issued to students at the end of your programme i.e. after the dissertation result is known and the overall result is confirmed. If you have any queries regarding this, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . To order a certification letter, please use the Request an Official Certification Letter form
Former students and graduates, who completed their programme of study in or after 1999
There is a charge of £5 per transcript. Please order through the SOAS online store, following the product catalogue to University Services. There is no charge for certification letters, which should be ordered using the Request an Official Certification Letter form.
Former students and graduates, who completed their programme of study up to and including 1998
There is a charge of £10 per transcript or certification letter. Please order through the SOAS online store, following the product catalogue to University Services.
Notes - Please read before ordering
- No transcripts or letters will be dispatched until the appropriate payment is received.
- The above charges include first class postage within the UK and airmail postage to overseas addresses.
If you require express delivery for your transcripts, you can do so by requesting this when placing an order through the SOAS online store. There is an additional charge of £40 for this service. Please ensure that you inform us of a contact telephone number at the delivery address when ordering this service.
- Normally transcripts and letters can be prepared within 8 working days from the receipt of the application. However, during busy periods, it is likely to take longer for requests to be processed.
- If you order transcripts or letters to be sent to different addresses e.g. to different universities or prospective employers, please complete a separate request for each address.
All enquiries should be sent in the first instance via e-mail to email@example.com