SOAS Partner College Award - for September 2012 entry onwards
The Partner College Award supports mature students who have earned an Access to Higher Education Diploma at one of SOAS' six partner colleges in London.
£500 cash bursary in year 1 of your degree only
Number of awards available:
30 for Sept 2012 entry,
35 for Sept 2013 entry,
40 for Sept 2014 entry.
You will be considered automatically. You do not need to make an application but you must apply for means-tested support from your funding authority via https://www.gov.uk/student-finance. When you make your application for student support, you must ensure you give consent for your information to be shared with us. If your parents are submitting their financial information, they must also ensure they give their consent. This will allow us to view your details on a portal at the Student Finance website. The portal will only provide the information we need to assess your entitlement to an Award.
- You must have studied an Access to Higher Education Diploma at City and Islington College, City of Westminster College, Kensington and Chelsea College, City Lit, Tower Hamlets College or Westminster Kingsway College
- You must meet or exceed our academic entry criteria
- You must be undertaking your first undergraduate degree (students who currently hold a degree or who are transferring from another Higher Education degree will not be eligible)
- You must ordinarily be resident in England
- You must have applied for full funding support from Student Finance England
- You must accept SOAS' offer of a place firmly by the relevant UCAS deadline
Notification and Payment:
We will start to send out notifications by post from November. If you have not received a letter from us by mid-January, please contact the Student Loans and Bursaries Officer: email@example.com
SOAS will deposit the cash bursary directly into the successful student's bank account at the end of January in the first year of study.
If you have any questions about this award then please contact the Student Loans and Bursaries Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.