Studying an Intercollegiate Course at SOAS
Undergraduate and Master’s degree students registered at participating University of London Colleges may take courses at SOAS as part of their degree.
- King’s College London
- London School of Economics
- Queen Mary
- University College London
- School of Advanced Study
Eligibility and Application Process:
- You must be currently registered for an undergraduate or Master’s degree at a participating University of London college.
- The course must form part of your degree programme.
- Academic permission must be given by your home college for you to study the course. You should check with them first whether it is possible to take the course and what application procedures you need to complete at your home college.
- Administrative permission must be given by your home college authorising the payment of the relevant tuition fee to SOAS.
- Academic permission must be given by the SOAS Department or Centre offering the course you wish to study.
Application to Study an Intercollegiate Course at SOAS (msword; 69kb)
with these three authorising signatures should then be sent to:
Associate Student Section, Admissions, SOAS, Room G1, Russell Square
You will receive an e-mail confirmation when your application is complete. You will be issued with a SOAS library card authorisation so that you can pick up your card by the start of your course.
Please note that intercollegiate courses are governed by the regulations of the other college. Students should familiarise themselves with these rules ahead of taking the course. In case of a disability, please be aware that any adjustments you have agreed with the disability office may not be accepted by an intercollegiate college. It is your responsibility to talk to the disability adviser in that college and to familiarise yourself with the relevant procedures for submission of coursework and examination and for any penalties for work handed in late.
Application and Enrolment Deadlines:
You must complete enrolment before you begin your course at SOAS. You must have fully completed your enrolment at SOAS by the first Wednesday of term to ensure that you are assigned to your tutorial group by Week 2. In 2011-12 this is 5 October 2011 (Term 1) and 11 January 2012 (Term 2).
Fees are charged to your college pro rata at the relevant standard SOAS undergraduate or Master’s fees rate. For example, if you are a Home/EU fee status undergraduate student taking a full course unit at SOAS your home college will be charged 25% of the standard SOAS Home/EU undergraduate tuition fee, a half unit would be charged at 12.5%.
The tuition fee schedules can be found at www.soas.ac.uk/fees