Deadline: 30 January 2015
Up to six Felix Scholarships will be available to Indian students with first class degrees to pursue graduate studies at SOAS, University of London. The scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees at the international rate and provides around £14,950 for living expenses.
Any full-time Taught Masters or PhD programme.
Part-time programmes are not eligible.
- Must be Indian citizens and not currently be living or studying outside of India.
- Must have not previously studied for one year or more outside India.
- Candidates must have at least a first class Bachelor's degree from an Indian University or comparable institution. Exceptionally those with an upper second-class degree at the bachelors level may be considered for for PhD if they hold a first class degree at the Master's level.
- Those who already hold a Master's degree cannot apply for a Master's degree scholarship.
- Those who already hold a PhD cannot apply for a PhD scholarship.
- Those who have already taken up a scholarship to pursue PhD studies at an Indian University are not eligible for a Felix scholarship.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Candidates who already hold a degree from a university outside their country are not eligible to apply.
- Open to applicants paying fees at the Overseas rate only.
- Graduates are expected to return to work in their home country.
- Candidates must have submitted an complete application for admission by the scholarship application deadline and have an offer of admission by early March 2015.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2015. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit. Felix Trustees will also take into consideration financial need.
- Only those who have been accepted for admission will be considered for short listing by the SOAS Selection Panel. Shortlisting at SOAS will take place in early March 2015.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Applications must be submitted no later than 17:00 GMT(UK local time) on 30 January 2015.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- You must submit a complete online application to your programme as soon as possible and then submit an electronic application for the scholarship. Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Notification of Results
In April, the Scholarships Office will notify those who have been shortlisted by the SOAS Panel. Shortlisted applications will be put forward to Felix Selection Committee for final consideration. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in India between April and June 2015.
Outcome of the Felix Selection Committee
Successful candidates will be notified of the outcome in June 2015. If you have not had a response to your application by July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission. You can use this on-line link to apply for for a Master's degree. Please use this on-line link to apply for a Research degree
Applicants must have submitted a complete admission to a Research degree or a Master's programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV, research proposal (for PhD) and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form.
Felix Scholarship application notes are available for download from the download box at the top right or can be obtained from
SOAS, University of London
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091
About the donor
The donor for the Felix Scholarship wishes to remain anonymous. The administration of the Scholarship is conducted by the three partner universities (SOAS-University of London, University of Oxford and University of Reading), with the support of the Felix Trustees and their agents in London.
The Felix scholarships now have their own website (http://www.felixscholarship.org), which provides information on the Scholarships, and allows Felix alumni to stay in touch.