Deadline: 31 January 2014
Up to six Felix Scholarships will be available to Indian students with first class degrees to pursue graduate studies at SOAS, University of London. The scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees at the international rate and provides around £13,066 for living expenses.
- Any full-time Taught Masters or MPhil/PhD programme
- Part-time programmes are not eligible.
- Must be Indian citizens and not currently be living or studying outside of India and must have not previously studied for one year or more outside India.
- Must be under 30 years of age on 31 January 2014.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Possess at least a first-class honours degree from a university or comparable institution. For those applying for an MPhil/PhD, they must also possess a good Masters degree from a university or comparable institution.
- Candidates who already hold a degree from a university outside their country are not eligible to apply.
- Open to applicants paying fees at the Overseas rate only
- Graduates are expected to return to work in their home country.
- Candidates must have submitted an application for admission by the scholarship application deadline.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit. Felix Trustees will also take into consideration financial need.
- Only those who have been accepted for admission will be considered for short listing by the SOAS Selection Panel. Shortlisting at SOAS will take place early March.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Applications must be submitted no later than 17:00 GMT on 31 January 2014.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Notification of Results
In April, the Scholarships Office will notify those who have been shortlisted by the SOAS Panel. Shortlisted applications will be put forward to Felix Selection Committee for final consideration. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in India between April and June 2014.
Outcome of the Felix Selection Committee
Successful candidates will be notified of the outcome in June. If you have not had a response to your application by July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
You may apply for a Felix scholarship Application at SOAS using the online application form
Felix Scholarship application notes are available for download from the download box at the top right or can be obtained from
SOAS, University of London
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091
About the donor
The donor for the Felix Scholarship wishes to remain anonymous. The administration of the Scholarship is conducted by the three partner universities (SOAS-University of London, University of Oxford and University of Reading), with the support of the Felix Trustees and their agents in London.
The Felix scholarships now have their own website (http://www.felixscholarship.org), which provides information on the Scholarships, and allows Felix alumni to stay in touch.