Ouseley Memorial Scholarships
Deadline: 20 May 2016
The Ouseley Memorial Scholarships bequest was made to the University in 1891 to encourage the study of "Arabic, Persian, Hindustani and other Oriental languages".
There is £8,000 available in total for 2016-17 to be used by full time or part time SOAS doctoral students. Full time SOAS doctoral students may receive £8,000 for one year only. Part time students may receive £4,000 for only year only. The scholarships are for students entering the second or third year of the MPhil/PhD programme in 2016/17 (or part time equivalent). The Ouseley Memorial scholarships may be used towards tuition fees or living expenses.
- Any full-time or part time research degree programme which involves research that requires the use of any Middle Eastern or Asian language.
- Only those ALREADY ENROLLED on a research degree programme at SOAS are eligible to apply. Ouseley Scholarships are for current SOAS doctoral students who will be enrolled on year 2 or year 3 of a PhD degree in 2016-17 (or part time equivalent)
- Students who have a full scholarship such as the SOAS Research Studentship are not eligible to apply for an Ouseley Memorial Scholarship.
- Open to Overseas and Home/EU fee paying applicants.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members, one from each Faculty.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and your reference
Scholarship Application Deadline
Ouseley Memorial Scholarship applications and references must be received no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 20 May 2016
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July. If you have not heard from us by the end of July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form
Please ask your referee to complete the reference form.
For enquiries, please contact:
SOAS, University of London
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091