Santander Taught Master’s Scholarships
Deadline: 20 March 2014
We are delighted with our newly formed association with Santander and grateful for their support for SOAS students through the Santander Universities network.
There are two scholarships available for students who are proposing to study one of the eligible full-time taught master’s course at SOAS for the academic session 2014/15. Each scholarship is value at £5,000 in total, which will be used towards the cost of tuition fees. Any outstanding fees will be payable by the student. A scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
One scholarship available for any full-time masters programmes in the following departments:
- Anthropology and Sociology
- History of Art and Archaeology
- Study of Religions
- Media and Film Studies
Faculty of Language and Cultures
One scholarship available for the following full-time programmes:
- MA Linguistics
- MA Language, Documentation and Description
- MA Applied Linguistics and Language Pedagogy
- MA Translation Theory and Practice (Asian and African Languages)
- MA Comparative Literature (Africa/Asia)
- MA Cultural Studies
- MA Postcolonial studies
Part-time programmes are not not eligible.
- Possess a First Class Honours degree, from a UK institution or overseas equivalent
- Applicants must be ideally sourced from the countries within the Santander
scheme: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Spain, Portugal, United Kingdom, Russia, USA, China, Germany, Singapore, Poland, Ghana, Belgium, Korea, U. Arab Emirates.
- Have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time masters programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2014. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members nominated by the School.
The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line admission application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17.00 (UK local time) on 20 March 2014.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
- Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July. If you have not heard from us by the end of July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form.
- STEP 2: In addition to the online scholarship application, applicants must ALSO submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
For enquiries, please contact:
London, WC1H 0XG
Telephone: + 44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091