Santander Taught Master’s Scholarships
Deadline: 24 February 2016
We are delighted with our newly formed association with Santander and grateful for their support for SOAS students through the Santander Universities network.
There are four scholarships available for students who are proposing to study one of the eligible full-time taught master’s course at SOAS for the academic session 2016/17. Each scholarship is value at £2,500 in total, which will be used towards the cost of tuition fees or maintenance. Any outstanding fees will be payable by the student. A scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
One scholarship available for any one-year full-time masters programmes in the following departments:
- Anthropology and Sociology
- History of Art and Archaeology
- Religions and Philosophies
Faculty of Languages and Cultures
One scholarship available for any of the following one-year full-time masters programmes:
- MA Linguistics
- MA Language, Documentation and Description
- MA Applied Linguistics and Language Pedagogy
- MA Theory and Practice of Translation (Asian and African Languages)
- MA Comparative Literature (Africa/Asia)
- MA Cultural Studies
- MA Postcolonial studies
Faculty of Law and Social Sciences
Two scholarship available for any one-year full-time masters programmes in the following departments:
- Development Studies
- Politics and International Studies
- Financial & Management Studies
- Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD)
- Centre for Gender Studies (CGS)
- Centre of Taiwan Studies
- Part-time programmes are not eligible.
- Only one-year programmes are eligible
- Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Students with a non-UK degree to be adjudged in the top rank by their referees and transcript.
- This scholarship is open to residents in one of these countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Uruguay
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time masters programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. Priority may be given to those with unconditional offers.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2016. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members nominated by the School.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line admission application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17.00 (UK local time) on 24 February 2016.
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must ALSO submit a complete online application to the degree programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for the scholarship. Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should prepare to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
Successful candidates will be notified by mid-June. If you have not heard from us by mid-June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: You must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time masters programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship
You must apply for this scholarship via this on-line scholarship application form.
For enquiries, please contact:
London, WC1H 0XG
Telephone: + 44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091