SOAS Master's Scholarships - Faculty of Languages and Cultures
Deadline: 24 February 2016
There are three SOAS Master's scholarships available in the Faculty of Languages and Cultures at SOAS. Each scholarship is valued at £16,765 in total. Fees will be deducted from this amount and the remainder will be used toward maintenance.
2 scholarships for any of the following programmes:
- the full-time MA Linguistics
- the full-time MA Language, Documentation and Description
- the full-time MA Applied Linguistics and Language Pedagogy
- the full-time MA Theory and Practice of Translation (Asian and African Languages)
1 scholarship for any of the following programmes offered by Centre for Cultural, Literary and Postcolonial Studies (CCLPS):
- the full-time MA Comparative Literature (Africa/Asia)
- the full-time MA Cultural Studies
- the full-time MA Postcolonial studies
- Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Students with a non-UK degree to be adjudged in the top rank by their referees and transcript.
- This scholarship is open to UK/EU applicants only
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time masters programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2016. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of at least three academic members of the Faculty of Languages and Cultures.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line admission application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 24 February 2016.
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must ALSO submit a complete online application to the degree programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for the scholarship. Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should prepare to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of June. If you have not heard from us by the end of June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to the full-time degree programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship
You must apply for this scholarship via this on-line scholarship application form.
For enquiries, please contact:
SOAS, University of London
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091
Fax: +44 (0)20 7074 5089